about shop patterns projects printables extras sponsorship wild olive twitter flickr pinterest subscribe

ornamentation: tiny ice skate



My mom has a very charming felt brooch that she's had since she was little. It's an ice skate with a paper clip for the blade. (I wish I could find it right now...I hope it's still around!) It isn't an uncommon design, but it is one that I love. I've adapted the idea to go along with one of my Advent Tinies, and created an ornament from it! Of course, you can make this into a brooch like my mom's...if you'd like.

iceskate1

You will need:
Felt
Embroidery floss
Jumbo paper clip
Stuffing (just a teeny bit!)
Ice Skate pattern PDF
(and a pin back if you're making a brooch instead of an ornament!)

iceskate2

Cut two skate pieces from felt.

IceSkate3

Stitch a face and some laces onto one of the pieces.

iceskate4

Start at the top and stitch around the edges. When you get to the bottom, stitch the paper clip in place as you stitch the bottom seam.

iceskate5
iceskate6

Add some stuffing, then sew the opening closed.

iceskate7

Sew on a hanger (with embroidery floss) so that it looks like it's the laces of the skate.

iceskate1

If you're feeling extra industrious, you could make two of these to hang together. But even just one skate is rather cute, don't you think?

6 comments:

  1. Wow, that skate is adorable. paper clip - genius x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:53 PM

    I'm loving all your ornaments :) Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:23 PM

    Mollie,

    Did you know I love your Blog?

    Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute! Love the paper clips!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are soooo sweet & clever, Mollie!! :) Love!

    ReplyDelete

I often reply to comments in the comments...check back if you have a question!